Kimono Wrap Dress and Pattern Hack

2:30 PM



OOOoohh the infamous UFO's. When I originally saw V9253 I pictured the perfect fabric for it. I started the project and just couldn't go on with it. I don't know what it was. I just ditched the whole thing. I eventually got back to it and here is the finished look. Of course, I had to add my own twist to it and tbh I really can't see much wear for the pattern as just a dress, so I decided to make it into a duster/ wrap dress. Fall is on its way and dusters are in, so I think I am ready. I love the versatility of this.

These were the adjustments I made
- No pockets
- Fully closed back
- Fully open front for wrap effect
- Bias binding all through the front
- Fabric used was an African Print, Wax Print
Image result for kimono dress pattern vogue















Random but I decided to take some headshots too. Apparently, you can't be taken seriously as a business owner if you don't have headshots LOL. Well, practice makes perfect.






I was trying to get ready and the camera wouldn't let me be great 
Trying to run to my spot LOL
Trying to run to my spot LOL

 


You Might Also Like

4 comments

Popular Posts