A Touch of African print and a whole lot of Love

8:45 AM

A few weeks ago I had the honor of sharing in the vision of a beautiful family. It was kind of a coincidence that we were introduced and I was a bit shocked that they trusted me with this, when they had really not seen much of my work.

As they explained what they wanted I listened in awe and excitement. See for me weddings just seem to be a big commercialized event not as "unique" as we we think they are lol!!!. And many times we get lost in all the grandeur we forget what its truly about. The simplicity of love coming together and being celebrated. Anyways that's just my two cents. Topic for another day. These guys said they wanted something different , I just about teared up at the vision.

Anyways, the groom showed me his inspiration pictures and I said that is was definitely doable.  I asked him to select a fabric that he wanted as a highlight and I was going to order it, but just when I was about to, the fabric showed up sold out, and that was the only one the supplier had.  I was gutted and asked that the couple select a different type of fabric but that wasn't going to work because their invitations were printed with the same theme and print the fabric had......  Eventually mother of the groom (bless her heart) suggested, "why don't you contact the supplier and ask if they have any left." I did just that and voila, they had a few yards laying somewhere. I snatched that last piece of fabric as quick as I could  and went to work. My task was to create a daddy and me shirt, an Obi belt for the bride and a bow for their daughter the flower girl. With a bit of blood sweat and tears and a few fittings it came together.

Bless their union and family, and thank you for trusting me with your vision.

Photo Credit: Jonathan M. Ford - Life Made







You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts