Thrifting finds. From Drab to Fab

2:28 PM

I do not have a  passion for thrifting. I think it's mostly because it is a time consuming "treasure hunt", depending on your definition of treasure. Anyways I try to avoid it unless I have the time, but I rarely do. In this case, I needed something to wear for a home going service for a friend of my husbands. Like many times, it never fails that when you have something to go to, you never have anything to wear. I didn't want to spend money on anything new and I didn't feel like making something from scratch, so as I was driving back home from running my errands I said maybe I could stop by the Goodwill store and find something to refashion.

With an open mind and a bit of patience, I went through the dresses and finally found 2 polka dot dresses. I looked at them and said there was no way I would have ever bought this, but I said there is enough fabric to make something else. I paid for them and headed off. I inspected them to see if there would be anything that wouldn't make it work and I threw them in the washer for an extra clean.

Pinterest is your best friend, at least I know it's my best friend and so I typed in polka dot dress and all this inspiration came up.I picked something I could work towards and this was it.



Inspiration from Pinterest
Project took me about 2 hours just in time for me to wear it.
I took off the sleeves and made my version sleeveless. I cut off the bottom part, leaving the dress about 39 inches. I took in the sides and added two more pleats. And finally, I added fabric to the collar to be able to tie a bow. I think it turned out great and I felt very comfortable in it. I will definitely be doing more of these. who knows? I might just find a passion for thrifting. Total cost $5.99 WINNING!!!!













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts