Royalty in the Blue

4:25 PM



When Bupe told me she needed a dress for her baby shower I jumped at the opportunity to make one for her. I have never done one and love the dresses I see momma's to be wear for their showers and maternity shoots. There is just something beautiful, radiant and awe inspiring about a momma to be. I wanted Bupe to feel and look Beautiful.

After figuring out what color and style she wanted I got to work. The truth is Bupe is very easy going and her only must haves was lace. She loves lace just like me, so I found the perfect lace fabric from fabric.com, some chiffon and originally a techno scuba which I switched up for a poly spandex crepe fabric from Joann's. My original pattern thought was Mimi G's 8045 which had ruching on the side and figured it would be perfect for ease on the belly area. Scratched that and ended up using Butterick 6438  for the top (modified and McCall's M6886 for the bottom. I also wanted to give her options of cold shoulders but it seems no one was a fan of those LOL. Another added option was a detachable skirt overlay for her shoot but she decided to wear it for her shower too. Overall I thought this turned out amazing and Bupe looked beautiful and radiant wouldn't you say?












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts