Rebellious and Refined

5:01 PM


When I saw Vogue pattern V9253 come out this summer I thought it was all things amazing. To be honest I thought it was so me (cept the plunging neckline) and everything I love. A line style, Kimono Sleeves, Belt. It gave me my life on a platter LOL. So when McCall's Pattern company decided to have a competition for the pattern I was so on it. Ok, truth is I was on it but I was so swamped with work so I kinda waited the last minute.

I had seen so many entries for the dress all gorgeous and I figured I needed to do something different. I am currently into dusters and kimonos and I looked at the pattern and figured this would make a great kimono or even wrap dress. For the fabric, I didn't want to be stuck only wearing this in the summer months and so I thought fall and winter are coming, What would be great for fall. A quick trip to hobby lobby and I stumbled onto this Faux Leather and I fell in love. Kind of made me feel rebellious... tough biker chick ha ha. My vision was long leather duster with some ripped jeans or wrap dress that I could dress up or down. 

The leather was surprisingly soft and I thought I needed to switch needles but my universal needle was fine. These were my modifications to the pattern:

Double pleats on each side of the front skirt - Left out
Zipper on back - Left out, cut as a fold
Center front of skirt - Cut for the wrap or jacket effect
Used Front skirt pattern because I lost the back one. Couldn't find it for the life of me LOL. Yes my sewing room is a mess LOL
I Would add buttons to the front skirt but I like the way it is for now.

And that was that. Do not adjust your screens you are not in the matrix and the Faux Leather looks better in person than it does in pictures. I promise you I didn't use a garbage bag LOL.Oh And this is not summer friendly, I was sweating bullets just taking pictures in this LOL... How does it look? Yay or Nay, How would you style this? Let me know






















You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I dont think it looks like a garbage bag AT ALL!! Lol It looks amazing, and your modifications, thats vision right there! Beautiful make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had a few moments when it felt like it looked like a garbage bag LOL Its growing on me

      Delete

Popular Posts