Shift Dress Bell Sleeves - Thabo

7:44 AM

One of my favorite pieces of clothing is the shift dress. Its comfortable, cute and very forgiving. Also for some of us non "curvys" it hide's that very well, not that I am saying it's anything to be hidden. Anyways I have been playing around with different styles of the shift dress and I recently made one with Vogue 8897 pattern using a Java Wax African Print fabric here. Well I was at it again and this time I decided to add bell sleeves. Anything bell sleeved is trending right now and I was wondering how I could incorporate that into my sewing. So my shift dress it was.

From the sleeve of the pattern I cut it short and added a gather bell to the end. The pattern is really dress length but somehow I cut it short to about tunic length. I am sure this still can be worn as a dress but that removes the comfort-ability for me. So cue the jeggings. Can I safely say I LOVE THIS TUNIC. I will be definitely making more and watch out for some in my Etsy store. One of my friends suggested I start to name my clothing (Ok I laughed at this) but yeah, I think its a great idea, so I will be calling this bell sleeved tunic, the Thabo Tunic. Thabo simply means Joy or happiness and that is definitely what I feel when I wear it.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts