Evening Gown

1:51 PM

I finally finished the rosette inspired gown. I really felt like I had no business wearing it LOL 

I can definitely see how this could be a $600 dress, but oh well this is a cheaper version.  A few disclaimers: 

1. The fabric may not have been close to what I thought it was. 
2. I had to make this work with just over 2 yards of fabric (wipes sweat from brow) 
3. I have no business squeezing myself into this LOL so please forgive the folds, fluff and such LOL. 
4. I would have gone with a waist-band but the masses voted no band thus deep v neck. 
5. The little lace in between was just a piece of fabric to hide my boobies otherwise imagine it without the lace (deep V neck is not my style but I had to model this) 

All in all this is a totally different dress because I had to listen to the fabric and which direction it was taking me. Now to find a new owner for this.( If interested, it's available on my Etsy store.)

I did not use a pattern for and ffree handed my way around this one. If you would like to make a version of this I suggest McCall's M7540 for the mermaid bottom. This is for woven fabric, so size down for knit fabric, and  M7167 for the top and criss cross back. Also for a woven fabric so size down. Other than that you are good to go. 









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts