Easter Spring Dress 2017 - McCall's M7315

9:26 PM




Happy Easter!!!!! You all know that with Easter comes all the Easter fashion. Dresses included. This year I had the opportunity to take part in Easter Spring dress sew along by the awesome sew sister, Judith Dee. I love a bit of a challenge and a push to get some sewing done, so this was perfect. I chose McCall's M7315 pattern View D without the bottom part. I used a floral foiled scuba knit from Joanne's which seems to have been a popular fabric choice this year for a lot of sewing projects. The pattern did not call for a knit but it worked out well. Here is my quick pattern review.





Review
Pattern Description: Misses’/Miss Petite Dresses have neckline variations, fitted, lined bodice, skirt cut on crosswise grain, shaped hemline, wrong side shows, back zipper and narrow hem. D: Hem band.
Pattern Sizing: 6 to 22. I cut size 14 and could have graded down to size 12.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?: I think it did,  the fabric I had actually looked like one of the pictures


Were the instructions easy to follow? Well, I looked at a few pictures LOL and got stuck on joining the lining and the main bodice but I ditched the pattern and winged it. Visual learner here!!
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  It's an easy sew. So that is a plus. The sizing was spot on for me as I used the finished dress measurements. It worked well with the knit I used and looking forward to trying it out with a woven fabric. 
Fabric Used: Foiled scuba knit
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Because I used a scuba knit I did not hem the bottom of the dress. I also didn't line the dress, but I don't remember seeing any lining for the bottom part. I did, however, line the bodice. I may have taken in a few inches for the seams to accommodate the stretch of the knit fabric. Otherwise, I had minor changes. 
Would you sew it again?  Definitely
Would you recommend it to others? Definitely. Now someone invite me to a wedding please, this is a great dress for a spring or summer wedding guest.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts