HOLY COWL

8:00 AM




LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
When I saw this pattern I knew I had to make it. Something sophisticated and chic about it, I just had to have it.
The first time around making it was a disaster. I really wanted to make it for Valentine's day. I picked out my fabric and my shoes and it just didn't happen.
Image may contain: 1 person, shoes

The fabric that I had originally selected was a ponte de roma and to be honest I hated it. The disadvantages of ordering fabric online. The descriptions don't quite do it. Anyways I ended up finding a Refined Ponte from Joann's (I love this fabric I have it in white, blue, red and black) and went from there.
Image may contain: one or more people and closeupImage may contain: people standing

Modifications
  • I opted for no front seam, I think it gave a cleaner look for the fabric.
  • Fabric used was a refined ponte medium to heavy weight. This has a feel of a mix of scuba and ponte. Bought from Joann.
  • For the cowl I added a touch of African print cotton. No stretch, so I am limited on cowl drape styles.
  • No slit in the back (I didn't press it. don't mind the unfinished look LOL)
  • No drawstring
Work in Progress
I am still working on this pattern adding a few other touches so watch out for those. I will definitely be making two or 3 of these dresses. I am excited about it.







Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and shoes

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts