DIY Peplum Top

4:07 PM

It's been a while since I made something for myself so I decided to make something simple and some what easy. Going through my pattern stash I found something that I thought I could pull off for date night. I found McCall's M6754 and decided to go with the peplum tank. Fabric used was a canary pique knit which I bought from Hancock Fabrics (No longer in business) but these are other options from fabric.com that I found here


To be honest I didn't measure my self out for the pattern. The pattern went up to medium and so that was what I decided to go with. The skirt and top pattern pieces were attached together and so I didn't want to cut them to separate them Instead I traced the top out and used that for my top peplum.









In total I used 4 pattern pieces (just how I love it LOL). Less pieces less complexities. One for the front, one for the back and 2 for the peplum. I don't have a lot of experience sewing with knits so this was great practice. The medium turned out a tad bit big and I could have gotten away with the XS. I took in the sides by 2 inches on each side and the top part by about 1 1/2 inches. The pattern called for an elastic waist but I left that out. I think it turned out great, and I will definitely be using this pattern again for a dress.  










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts