Happy October

8:21 PM








Each new day surprises me. How did we get this far in the year? How is it October? As the saying goes  "time flies when you are having fun". I must be having a lot of fun ha ha ha. Time is zooming by.

Anyways, I have been busy and I am super thankful because each time I get the opportunity to polish up my sewing. I am challenged and pushed beyond my skills, making me better each day.

I had the opportunity to work with Dedria this past month. She wanted two dresses, one for her baby shower and one for her maternity shoot. She was originally inspired by Evelyn Lozada's Shower dress but eventually settled on a Seraphine Emerald green dress. I had my work cut out for me. I, fortunately, found an exact pattern  Simplicity patterns S1360 but this was the hardest pattern I have ever used. The instructions weren't clear, the pictures didn't help either. I finally made it work and I think the results came out perfect. Dee looked gorgeous for her shower. 
Seraphine Emerald Green Dress







 The second dress for her shoot was inspired by J and L Design Boutique. I loved working on this dress and used a pattern mash-up of McCalls M6884 top modified to look like an off the shoulder top and M7047 for the bottom. I raised the waist so it hit just under the bust and picked a fabric with a great amount of stretch to accommodate the bump but still be comfortable. Dedria looked beautiful in the complete dress. I am glad she chose me to work on them.










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts