Jumpsuit Love

7:58 AM


When I first officially started sewing for other people Desiree was the first person to jump all over it. She was actually one of the very first people who actually saw me take my first steps into all of this and has been extremely supportive and encouraging throughout this journey (it's just who she is).

Fast forward one year later I still had not made the jumpsuit I promised to make Desiree, mostly because I was super sensitive and scared I would mess up (nervous laugh). So I kept making jumpsuits for myself and maybe one other person and the rest of the world lol. Desiree was not having this and subtly kept hinting on social media that she was still waiting LOL.

Anyways, I said I had been making things for everyone else but her and so I got myself together and told her I was ready to make her jumpsuit. As per process, I asked her to show me ideas of what she wanted and colors that she liked.  She finally picked out an off shoulder jumpsuit inspired by Style Pantry

Desiree wanted a different bottom style and so I asked her to bring me her favorite set of pants so I could make the bottom in a style that she loved. That right there was what sealed the deal.

I got to work and completed her jumpsuit in time for a conference Desiree was speaking at. Desiree came in for her fitting and everything fit perfectly. I used a lightweight Crepe fabric with an elasticated waist, the off shoulder feature and for ease in and out an invisible zipper on the shoulder.  Let's not forget the pockets LOL We love our pockets. All I remember afterward was her saying "I love it" I love it"

Day of the conference I managed to connect with Desiree again (She looked gorgeous) and before I could get in a word she was like OMG I have gotten so many compliments on this Jumpsuit. I love it it is so comfortable, I love it and want it in all colors.

This is the joy of sewing for me. Watching Fabric transform into something wearable but then making someone feel beautiful, comfortable and have them hear those compliments ring in. I love it





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It’s nice collection! My friends’ jumpsuit are from the clothing shop online www.20880.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts